NEW SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM: WEAR IT LOUD AND PROUD!

 

NEW SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM: WEAR IT LOUD AND PROUD!

by: Veronica Diane D. Capoy

Clothes aren't just fabric that covers a person. They offer protection, yes, but also serve as powerful symbols that define who we are. This thought always crossed my mind when I observed the boisterous crowds of Senior High students in the dusty, familiar hallways. My eyes, seemingly having a life of their own, would linger, studying their attire.

From skirts barely skimming shoulders to jeans seemingly shredded to pieces, I witnessed a diverse range of outfits. They weren't inherently bad, not for casual occasions, but I couldn't help but feel they weren't quite right for school. My own Junior High experience involved the daily ritual of donning the same uniform, a conservative yet striking symbol of student identity. The neatly patterned skirts, the harmonious color scheme amidst the hustle and bustle – it was a sight for sore eyes. And that charming little ribbon tie at the neckline, how I missed those small details!

That uniform wasn't just about appearance; it fostered a sense of belonging and unity. It said, "We're part of something bigger, something we can be proud of." As humans, we crave that feeling of belonging, and uniforms help curb competition and judgment based on personal style. Teenagers can be harsh critics, and uniformity levels the playing field, preventing unnecessary drama.

Ultimately, it all comes down to the student's mindset. How they carry themselves, how they embody the roles of student, child, and individual, plays a crucial role.

Lost in thought, I realized I'd been staring intently at these students. Glancing down at myself, I felt a pang of unfamiliarity. I, the girl in oversized t-shirts and clingy leggings, the wearer of the same old sneakers day after day – was this who I'd become?

Looking around at my classmates, friends, and fellow Candaping High students, I started to wonder. If clothes truly defined us, would anyone glance at them and think, "They're students, alright"? I doubted it. They resembled mall-goers, beach-bound teenagers, anything but students.

Senior High students have more freedom, they can choose clothes that express their individuality, be it conservative or daring. But does it truly matter? As my eyes scanned the diverse crowd, I envisioned a different scene: everyone unified in a well-designed Candaping High uniform. Worn with pride, showcasing not just a unified aesthetic, but the identity of a Candaping Senior High student.

Implementing uniforms wouldn't be about mere aesthetics; it would be about proudly claiming our identity. It would encourage focus in class, build stronger bonds, instill discipline, and empower students academically. Uniforms foster active listening, promote equality, and cultivate a sense of professionalism, fostering confidence and comfort.

Wear the uniform like armor, armor that shields you from discrimination and judgment, but also symbolizes strength and purpose. Remember, you're not just a person; you're a STUDENT, with the responsibility to learn, grow, and become the best version of yourself. Not just for academic success, but for your own personal well-being.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post